In this release:
- Objectives sunburst chart
- Role descriptions in user profiles
- New option to enable/disable anonymous feedback
- Target completion dates now show in the overview view
- Clearer average objectives rating chart title
- Various stability and performance updates
- Various bug and usability fixes
We are currently preparing a big new feature for probation period reviews, it’s quite a complicated feature to develop and we want to maximise your input to its design. If you aren’t already involved in reviewing the new feature, but want to be, drop me a mail and I can send you our latest thoughts.
Iterating on the design is going to take a couple more weeks, so in the mean time, we thought we’d sneak in a couple of quick PerformanceHub updates for you. This is the first one, we hope you like it. Here are the details:
Employee Objectives Visualisation
The appraisals sunburst chart has proved to be a very popular tool, so we have now introduced a similar chart for objectives.
You can use the new Objectives Sunburst chart to see whether people have agreed the minimum number of objectives, at a glance, across the whole organisation. The chart will give you % coverage statistics and allow you to zoom in on areas of interest.
You can get to the new chart from your main dashboard or when looking at the Objectives dashboard. If you are logged into PerformanceHub, you can click here to see yours (note, the feature isn’t supported on IE8).
Role descriptions in user profiles
If you have Competency based reviews enabled, and you have defined some Roles, employees can now see their Role Description in their profile. To get to a profile, you just click on your name on the top right and select Profile.
New option to enable/disable anonymous feedback
If you have unprompted feedback enabled, then you can now control whether people are allowed to give anonymous feedback or not. We used to always allow it, but now the default is not to allow it. If you want to continue to allow people to give anonymous feedback, you will need to turn the feature on in the Configuration – Setup tab.
Target completion dates now show in the overview view
When people complete a target, we capture the completion date, but to be able to see it, you had to open the target. The completion date now shows in the list view.
Clearer average objectives rating chart title
We have clarified the title of the new chart we introduced on appraisals for the average objective rating. We have simply added the word “objectives” so that people know that the chart only relates to objectives.
Various stability and performance updates
- In some circumstances, when HR looked at an appraisal with a lot of text in, the scroll-bar wasn’t behaving itself.
- The Excel report, org chart and objective cascade could have ‘funny characters’ in it. This was caused by accented and non-English text, but we now deal with it properly.
- You could blank out the title of a target, which would cause an error on the page.
- You could blank out the title of a company goal, which made it look odd.
- Some browsers would ‘jiggle’ the layout as the page loaded. We have reduced the jiggle in this release and will complete the job in the next release.
See all PerformanceHub Features.
As ever, feedback is a powerful motivator, so let’s have yours.